Friday, March 22, 2013

Mother In Law's Tongue

Mother-In-Law's Tongue (sanseveria trifoliate)

Could you believe that this is a name of a plant. Yes it it! The plant got it's common nickname of mother-in-law's tongue due to it's long, sharply shaped leaves. The plant is known as the snake plant for the same reason. You know what else is amazing. The fact that I have bought this plant today. I think I am out of control. I could not help it. I always wanted this plant. I just love how it grows and I want to experiment with propagating it later! They would make great gifts!

Some Tips when caring for this plant
  • Do not over water. This plant actually does not like a lot of water. About Once a month.
  • If you cut the leaves, it will not grow back
So welcome our latest addition.


No comments:

Post a Comment